31 Ways in 31 Days Series in Full Swing
Have you been following the 31 Ways in 31 Days series by the Wisconsin Council on Children and Families?
Every day in July, the WCCF blog will be highlighting a different way the state budget (as signed by the Governor) affects children and families. Now that some of the hubbub surrounding the budget has passed and the dust is beginning to settle, following the WCCF series is a good way to keep abreast of the impact the budget will have on children and families.
Here’s topics the 31 Ways in 31 Days project has covered so far in July:
- Way #1: Massive Cuts to Schools Threaten Wisconsin’s Tradition of High-Quality Education
- Way #2: Unspecified, Unchecked Cuts to BadgerCare
- Way #3: Using Federal Welfare Dollars for Other Purposes, Such as Tax Cuts
- Way #4: Cuts in WI Shares Jeopardizes Working Families’ Access to Quality Child Care
- Way #5: Tuition Hikes and Financial Aid Freeze Are Double Whammy for Students
- Way #6: Closing Juvenile Detention Facilities Saves Money, Costs Jobs
- Way #7: Mixed News for Community Health Centers and Dental Health Care
- Way #8: W-2 Changes Reduce Mother-Baby Bonding Time
Or you can click here to see all the topics so far.