31 Ways in 31 Days Update
Wisconsin Council on Children and Families (WCCF) has started a new series, called “31 Ways in 31 Days,” which highlights how children and families will be affected by the state budget. Every day in July, check the WCCF blog for information on a specific provision in the budget.
Here’s topics the 31 Ways in 31 Days project has covered so far in July:
- Way #1: Massive Cuts to Schools Threaten Wisconsin’s Tradition of High-Quality Education
- Way #2: Unspecified, Unchecked Cuts to BadgerCare
- Way #3: Using Federal Welfare Dollars for Other Purposes, Such as Tax Cuts
- Way #4: Cuts in WI Shares Jeopardizes Working Families’ Access to Quality Child Care
- Way #5: Tuition Hikes and Financial Aid Freeze Are Double Whammy for Students