Dem. Members of Finance Committee Announce More Hearings on the Budget
Ten Added Hearings Begin with One on April 8 in La Crosse (5-6:30 pm)
On Friday the Democratic Senate and Assembly leaders and members of the Legislature’s Joint Finance Committee (JFC) announced additional budget hearings in order to allow for more public input on the proposed biennial budget. The Democratic leaders are also inviting Republican legislators to attend these hearings.
A number of Democrats have been critical of the Finance Committee co-chairs for scheduling just four public hearings on the budget bill. One of those hearings was held last week, and there are three more coming up:
- April 8 – Green Bay. Lambeau Field, Legends Club Room, 10 am to 5 pm
- April 10 – WI Dells, Kalahari Resort, Suites 2 and 7, pm, 10 am to 5 pm
- April 18 – Baldwin, Woodville High School Auditorium, 10 am to 5 pm
(More details on the locations of those three hearings can be found here.)
The schedule for the 10 additional hearings follows:
- April 8—La Crosse. Hogan Administrative Center Gym, 5:00-6:30 pm, 807 East Ave. South.
- April 15—Racine. Gateway Technical College, Great Lakes Room, 4:00-7:00 pm, 1001 Main St.
- April 20—Milwaukee. Location TBD, 11:00 am-2:00 pm.
- April 22—Wausau. UW-Marathon County, 4:00-7:00 pm, 518 S. 7th Ave.
- April 22—Viroqua. Viroqua Middle/High School Band Room, 5:00-6:30 pm, 100 Blackhawk Dr.
- April 23—Madison. Location TBD, 4:00-7:00 pm.
- April 24—Wisconsin Rapids. City Council Chambers, 5:00-7:00 pm, 444 W. Grand Ave.
- April 25—Appleton. Conference Center at Fox Valley Technical College’s D.J. Bordini Business and Industry Center, 4:00-7:00 pm, 5 Systems Dr.
- April 27—Barron. Barron County Courthouse, 10:00 am-4:00 pm (final time TBD), 1420 State Highway 25 North.
- April 29—Eau Claire. Chippewa Valley Technical College, 4:00-7:00 pm, 620 W. Clairemont Ave.
For resources, relating to the state budget, see the Wisconsin Budget Project’s “All Things State Budget” webpage.