Finance Committee Schedules Second Executive Session: April 30
Next Tuesday’s Agenda Includes Shift of General Purpose Revenue to the Transportation Fund
The Joint Finance Committee (JFC) is settling into the long process of working through the budget bill, agency by agency and issue by issue. The JFC co-chairs announced today that the committee’s second session of debate and votes on the budget will be held on Tuesday April 30, starting at 10:00 a.m. in the JFC hearing room – 412 East.
Here’s a partial list of what the JFC plans to consider on the 30th, with links to some of the new Legislative Fiscal Bureau papers on those issues. One of the significant papers on the agenda is # 636, relating to bonding for transportation and the proposed transfer of state General Purpose Revenue to the Transportation Fund. For a full list of agencies and papers, click here.
- Compensation Reserves Overview (Paper #155) (There are also 4 other papers in this are.)
- Fund Condition Statement (Paper #635)
- Transportation Bond Summary and Use of Revenues from Other Funds to Support Transportation Programs (Paper #636)
Some of the other areas on the April 30th agenda include the following:
- Board for People with Developmental Disabilities (no papers)
- State Fair Park
- Historical Society
- Transportation — Local Transportation Assistance
- Transportation — State Patrol
- Veterans Affairs — Departmentwide, Veterans Programs, and Museums